Monday, October 5, 2009

A Quilt For My Mom ... Finding the Right Pattern


When I first got started quilting, a couple of years ago, an experienced quilter friend of mine (yes Pat, I'm talking about you), recommended that when I found a pattern that I liked in a quilting magazine or online, to tear it out or print it out and place it in the binder so that I could go back and view all my most liked patterns.  Greatest idea ever!  Today I was working on a large stack of magazines, tearing out the patterns and organizing them in my binder.  I ran across what I thought could be the perfect pattern for a quilt I have been wanting to make for my Mom.  I had been searching for month's and month's trying to find just the right pattern.  My Mom wanted a centered design for her queen sized bed and I was having the hardest time finding just the right one.


Then today, out of a magazine from 2007, there it was.... looking right at me.... the Fall Medallion pattern.  Could it be that this was the one??  As I envisioned the pattern in the burgandy colors of her bedroom, I fell in love with the pattern.  I was hoping that she would be too.  After a quick phone call and a scan of the picture of the pattern, I sent off a quick email and soon I received the call that she thought it was beautiful too!  OHH HAPPY DAY!!  The search was over and now the quest for fabric can begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment