Sunday, December 27, 2009

Black/White/Red - Modified Yellow Brick Road


Finally!  I had found time to finish up my Yellow Brick Road pattern quilt.  I originally wanted to do a black and white quilt with just a few splashes of red rectangles mixed in just a few of the blocks.  However, after several unsuccessful attempts to find the right red/black or red/white fabrics to intermingle with the rest of the quilt I decided to stick with just the black and white.  




I ended up setting aside the project for long, long while, not sewing the blocks together because I just was not happy with it.  I just wanted to see that splash of red in there.  So finally I decided to modify the pattern just by placing sashing between the blocks and that allowed me to enter the color red into the quilt.  Now, I am a happy camper. :-)  
  

No comments:

Post a Comment