Saturday, January 2, 2010

Wall Quilt Rack - I Love It!


My husband loves woodworking and a couple of months ago asked me what new project he should start. 

I asked him to build me a wall hanging quilt rack as his first big project and he just finished it.  Well, it's ALMOST finished he says.  He is hand carving a floral piece to place in the center arch on the top, and THEN it will be done. 

It is made it out of cherry hardwood and it's 4 feet wide by 4 feet tall.  The rails are slightly rounded on the edges so the quilts won't get creased and the rails slide out.  I now have have to gather my quilts from their various spots around the house and hang them all in one place.  Yea!!

His next project is building me a free standing quilt rack with 3 top cascading rails for our guest room but it will be nice that I can move it room to room if I want. 

This wall quilt rack is just perfect and I just love it!  



7 comments:

  1. WOW, what a great quilt rack! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what an amazing husband !! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. He should sell these! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. grate just what i was looking for.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very Nice! Would you be willing to tell me how far from the wall the rails are as the porgress down the wall?

    ReplyDelete
  6. What are the dimensions of the rack

    ReplyDelete