Monday, January 2, 2012

2011 Year At A Glance

The first part of 2011 consisted of radiation treatments for breast cancer.  It seemed like it would never end at times, but it certainly made the winter months go quickly.  The fatigue that came along with the treatments stayed with me for a long, long time.  I really didn't get to do alot of sewing this year, but the few things I were able to do, I really enjoyed.

A baby quilt for our goddaughter Amira.


 A couple of table toppers.  I didn't have a square or round table to place them on,, so my coffee table was picked for the job.  It wasn't until I took the photo that I noticed that one entire block was inverted, so that was put away for another session of ripping out and rotating. :)




A couple of Memorial Day/4th of July projects, a wall hanging and a table runner:



Now for 2012, I've made my resolution to make more time for the things I enjoy, especially sewing, the other things can wait.  Spend as much time with my family as I can possibly can.  Take my Mom to the Upper Peninsula again this year to see her brothers and family.  One thing the cancer has made me realize so much more than I did before, is to take more time for the  most important things like spending time with family and do the things you enjoy doing while you can.  I'm also back on my treadmill every day and drinking my protein drinks.  Going to get myself back down to a healthy weight so I can add more years to my life. 

So Happy New Year to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment