Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Baby Quilts - In the Works!

My oldest niece Anna, just had her 5th child, Emma Diane Shafer.  Within 24 hours, her sister, my niece Caroline, had her 2nd child, James Kalliman.  As you could have guessed a couple of quilts are in the works! 


The first quilt is for Grace (Emma's older sister whom I haven't made a quilt for yet!), and I've used batiks which have been cut, sewn, and pressed into blocks.  Everything is all ready to come together!  The only other thing I need to spend time doing is piecing the last of the borders.




The next quilt will be for James, which I think I've decided on using some Thomas the Train fabrics for. 

I'm also planning on making another with 1930's reproduction fabrics for Emma.  So much to do for the start of the year!

No comments:

Post a Comment