Monday, March 8, 2010

More Quilts For Kids


I completed 6 quilts for Quilts For Kids (headquarters) in January.  The first 3 were sewn from my own fabrics, the last 3 from the fabric and pattern supplied from QFK. 

I played around with a few different patterns with the ones I used my own fabric on. 

This cute kitty cat print with lots of quarter square triangles was a bit more work, but worth the effort.  It was a fun one to put together.

This princess quilt was really quick and easy to put together with it's large 8-1/2" blocks.

The "letter" fabric I purchased for this last one was not a great choice.  I didn't realize each "letter block" was not perfectly square.  I had planned to cut out each letter and use those squares in a block in some fashion.  Once I got the fabric home I realized the letter blocks were not square so I had to cut them in strips (I only had a 1/2 yard) and used them in this fashion.  NOT my most favorite by far, but a learning experience, none the less.  I am sure some child will love it and be comforted by it. 

With having to machine quilt each of the 6 quilts, I really did learn alot.  I had never machine quilted anything before so with each quilt I learned a little more.  I would never want to machine quilt a large quilt, but for these lap size quilts, I feel a bit more comfortable now.   :-)  I will stick to piecing the tops which is what I like to do best.

These last 3 were sewn with the fabrics and pattern supplied by Quilts For Kids. 

No comments:

Post a Comment