Monday, March 22, 2010

Twirling Kaleidoscope Wall Hanging














This morning I started on the Twirling Kaleidoscope Wall Hanging and finished piecing it this afternoon.  It measures 26" x 26".

It was a little awkward tracing a 'template' rather than just measuring and cutting, since the long large triangles needed to be cut.  It would have gone quicker with a triangle template ruler, but I have never needed one before so it's not in my collection yet.

To machine quilt this one I am going to use the invisible monofilament thread and the a special programmed stitch in my sewing machine that mimics a hand quilting stitch. Since there are so many angles and light/dark contrasts, I think it would be best to use an invisible thread. Wish me luck!


I've picked out the backing and binding from my stash and 'sandwiched' it together using basting spray (first time I've used the basting spray & I love it!  Much easier than pinning!!)  I need to pick up some invisible thread tomorrow so I can begin to quilt it.  :-)  Once it's completed I have special wall space reserved in my family room for it!  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment